Wow, what a couple weeks it has been! I feel like I blinked and suddenly it was June. As such, I’ve got some serious recapping to do… here are some highlights in kind-of chronological order:
1. Flew to Boston and back to Chicago in 24 hours.
2. Got a job! Officially moving to Boston August 1st!
3. Planted some tomatoes, daisies, basil, thyme, and oregano…
4. … and watched them grow!
5. Made this really yummy veggie bake of 2 beets, one head of asparagus, radishes, cilantro, EVOO, and juice from 1/2 lime (the pre-bake picture is below).
6. Cleaned out the fridge and decided to make cauliflower poppers w/ mango marinade. To make the poppers, cut the cauliflower into small pieces, toss lightly with EVOO and spices (I used salt, pepper, and sage), and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 mins, turning every so often.
The mango marinade was also super easy and delicious. In my Vitamix, I pureed 1 garlic clove, 4 shallots, 1 mango (peeled and chopped), juice from 1 lime, 1 Tbsp EVOO, salt, and pepper for about 30 seconds on level 10 (or until smooth). Put a spoonful on your warm cauliflower et voila!
7. Went on a walk around the ‘hood and cut some lilacs. They’re my favorite! Oh, and then made a dish of rice noodles, pineapple, broccoli, sauteed spinach, and jalapenos. Mmmm.
9. And the Red Sox lose to the White Sox 3-1 (this was a White Sox home run…. booo). Although the Red Sox lost, it was great to catch up with some fellow Chicago Batesies.
10. Watched my 5 seniors graduate from high school, all of them the first in their families to head on to college. And did I mention their graduation was at Ravinia?!
11. And last but not least, got some beautiful tulips in the mail from my mom (thanks ma!)
One thing I obviously wasn’t doing these past couple weeks was blogging- sorry ya’ll! Be on the lookout this week for posts about my (surprise) trip to Vacationland, summer BBQ-ing, and vegan burritos 🙂 Happy Monday!